Things You Should Know About Cloud Transcoding!
When we talk about OTT/IPTV Middleware for online streaming, there are many terms we come across, Cloud Transcoding being one of them. With the enhancement in technology, a paradigm shift from traditional modes of broadcasting like satellite TV or through cable operators are shifting towards internet based streaming and , Transcoding in OTT/IPTV Middleware has played a amazing role foring play cloud based streaming in today’s world. Well before moving further, the term transcoding should be vividly understood. Transcoding is a part of cloud encoding which is used to produce live events in order to broadcast with unstable outbound bandwidth.
Basic Insights of Cloud Transcoding for OTT/IPTV Middleware:
There are two different approaches for Cloud encoding:
- Compressing on-demand files and Transcoding live streams for adaptive streaming which is used for much iteration.
- Cloud-based video transcoding converts video for playback over a broad array of media players, devices, operating systems and browsers that are using infinite salable, parallel processing capabilities of cloud computing.
- Live transcoding is very much stronger as it solves the outbound bandwidth issues that reduce the on-site encoding costs and such issues afflict all live producers.
- The mode of streaming is Internet and the element is LIVE streaming but it doesn’t share the problem occurred by the encoding, which is an upload time.
- It supports the large and small steaming producers who are moving to the cloud.
- The transcoding enables the users to access the content, where a OTT/IPTV Middleware comes into the picture.
- In case of payment, users only pay for the transcoding.
- The Robust cloud-based encoding solutions provide added services including features of customization and editing. Moreover, a packaging option like digital rights management and closed captioning is also provided by it.
Responsibility of OTT/IPTV Middleware towards Cloud Transcoding
- Middleware’s cloud transcoding has an impeccable effect as API allows the users to deliver adaptive streaming to multiple devices from a single origin stream.
- Middleware’s cloudMiddleware cloudMiddleware, users/viewers are happy with the entertainment as it provides the amazing user experience; high quality user experience on their device of choice.
Process of Cloud
- First step is Request:
The API request is sent for publishing a real time stream for live transcoding job.
- Second step is Transcoding:
Middleware’s Cloud transcoding API enables the content providers to deliver adaptive streaming from a single Real time origin streaming.
In this phase, streams become available for playback, Midlleware sends HTTP notifications with published bitrates and formats.
Features of FILE TRANSCODING:
- Support: It covers Support for Input and output files.
Examples are: Support nearly every format and codeac, a lot more for input and for Web playback, adaptive streaming, Transmuxing etc.
- Quality and editing: It carries video quality features, Audio and Video manipulation, examples are : Flexible bit rate control: CBR, VBR, ABR and constant quality. Moreover, HD, Ultra High Definition(UHD) encoding.
- Account & Integration- Middleware provides a simple API for high-quality, fast & scalable video encoding.
- Adaptive Streaming
- Globally distributed
- Platform & Security- Over 99.9% encoding success rate, Automatic scaling, unlimited scalability & a lot more.
The best CloudTV OTT IPTV Middleware Platform is 100% online multiscreen platform and has unlimited scalability and a full featured: CRM, CMS, API, IQ, Apps, E-Commerce.
Middleware is a cloud-based audio encoding and cloud-based video product suit. Contact us for optimal solutions by our 24/7 help and support.